The Repatriation Committee exists to support FAUSA’s efforts to "facilitate the repatriation experience of its members," in accordance with the Association’s 2001 Bylaws and historical intention. The Committee will achieve this by:
- Acting as a channel and resource for information about repatriation for individuals, families and children
- Encouraging an exchange of information among FAUSA members about their repatriation experience
- Coordinating and promoting member awareness about current and relevant issues through the newsletter, website, annual meeting and any other appropriate meetings or direct communications
- Coordinating and promoting FAWCO’s awareness of FAUSA’s repatriation support
- Developing a Leadership Committee and support network for returning expatriates
- Supporting the FAUSA Board
Repatriation Chairperson (Position Open)
Part-time. Organizes and conducts quarterly committee meetings. Available to respond to emails and phone inquiries. Is knowledgeable about the research and resources regarding repatriation and "third culture kids." Recommends appropriate reading or websites to assist repatriating FAWCO members. Connects repatriating FAWCO members with individuals or organizations that can help provide additional support. Disseminates information through newsletters, website and annual meetings, and maintains regular contact with FAWCO to raise awareness about this committee and its support services for members.
Repatriation Leadership Committee
Represents FAUSA membership areas. Works closely with the chairperson. Participates in information collection, idea generation, member contact and article and report generation, and reaches out to members in order to achieve the above stated objectives.
Therese Hartwell- FAUSA President at President@fausa.org
If you are interested in participating in the Repatriation Committee, or have input or suggestions for the website, please contact the Committee Chair or president at the above email addresses.