To make it easy for FAWCO clubs (and others) to pass on information about repatriation and FAUSA membership, we are providing information for your members and friends, including literature for you to download and print.
Did you know that FAWCO members or other repatriating North Americans are eligible to join FAUSA when returning to North America?
Why Join FAUSA?
When you have lived outside your home country, you see the world through different eyes.
You’ve experienced new perspectives, cultures, languages, foods, traveling and so much more! There can be challenges to this ‘reverse culture shock’...even homesickness for the country you lived in. FAUSA connections can help with this transition.
FAUSA offers its members the opportunities to
- maintain overseas friendships
- connect with others who also have had global experiences
- continue to participate in FAWCO and The FAWCO Foundation activities, teams and boards
- apply for The FAWCO Foundation’s Education Awards
- propose projects for The FAWCO Foundation’s Development Grants and Target Program
- rediscover North America at our annual meeting and Getaway
- participate in virtual and in-person social and philanthropic events
In addition we support
- those who have repatriated in experiencing the joys, challenges and changes involved in returning home.
- FAUSA’s Annual Grant, the Banner Project, an annual philanthropic project in the Americas
- Cut and paste the FAUSA Logo to use on your club’s website.
- FAUSA Brochure to distribute and print
- FAUSA FAQS For FAWCO Reps
Suggest to your club that it give a gift membership to a repatriating member. This costs as little as $35 per year! Moving back to North America can be challenging in many ways, and often friends and family just don’t “get it”. FAUSA offers the chance to talk to others who understand and share your experience of living abroad and speak a similar “language”. Find details on membership and dues on our Membership page, or contact the membership VP.