The Sustainable Development Goals, short SDGs, are 17 goals defined by the United Nations in 2015 that promise a better world through their implementation by 2030. By covering all aspects of our daily life, the Sustainable Development Goals are considered a road map to the future of our planet.
All Goals like Gender Equality (Goal #5), Climate Action (Goal #13), Good Health (Goal #3) or Life Below Water (Goal #14) cover the economic, socio-political, and environmental sectors, while at the same time being linked cross-sectionally to each other.
When split up into individual and more concise targets (ranging from 5-19 Targets per Goal), all Targets function as a “To Do” list to define more measurable accountability.
What does FAUSA do to support the SDGs?
FAUSA, along with its sister organization FAWCO, is committed to support these 17 SDGs by educating our members, motivating our friends and families to take action and small steps for a better environment and better world to live in.
How to support the UN’s SDGs
Join FAUSA for Educational events, SDG activities like Trash clean up events and Book Club readings etc. to learn more about the SDGs and be a valuable asset working to achieve the global goals by 2030.
Leading a sustainable life is a matter of making small decisions in our every day life. Visit the UN’S Lazy Person’s Guide to saving the world for inspiration on how to observe more sustainable choices in small steps of your life.
Learn more about the UN’s SDGs here:
- GOAL 1: No Poverty
- GOAL 2: Zero Hunger
- GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being
- GOAL 4: Quality Education
- GOAL 5: Gender Equality
- GOAL 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- GOAL 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- GOAL 10: Reduced Inequality
- GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- GOAL 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- GOAL 13: Climate Action
- GOAL 14: Life Below Water
- GOAL 15: Life on Land
- GOAL 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal