FAUSA hosted its first virtual auction, ‘FAUSA’s Got Motion...and More!’ over the course of a week for the 2020 Annual Meeting and Getaway fundraiser. FAUSA and FAWCO members donated gifts of talents and things for both this silent and the live auction held the evening of the Annual Meeting. The tradition of auctioning a beautiful handmade quilt continued with the donation of a quilt by Jane Indreland.
Through the use of Zoom and an online auction platform OneCause, we reached many more of our members virtually and without incurring meeting or travel expenses. Participation by many members who had not previously attended a Getaway increased so the FAUSA ‘community’ continues to grow by reaching out through cyberspace!
A second new feature was also added, ‘R(aise) Up for 2020!’, a series of successive donation challenges were set, met and over achieved throughout the fundraiser evening.
An astonishing $18,000 was raised through the above efforts and generosity of so many. A huge shout out to all who participated.
Examples of a few of the items that were included in the auction appear below.
- Handwoven poncho
- Italian cooking classes
- Intro to French cheeses
- Beehive inspection
- Italian garden tour
- Stuffed cabbage cooking class
- Piano lessons
- One week stay in a Maine cottage
- Website design
- Bailey’s coffee liqueur class
- Burberry handbag
- Topaz tennis bracelet
- Louis Vuitton men’s wallet
- Signed etchings of San Francisco and Nuremberg
- Authors’ discussions of their books
- Beer and cheese tasting class
- Handmade wooden cheese board, inlaid with turquoise and lapis
- Sommelier service for a dinner party
- Knitting lessons
- Hand knit shawl
- Handmade lap quilt for babies
- Digital family and pet portraits
- Masks masks masks!