The philanthropy team is planning the 2023 Getaway FUNdraiser and they are seeking exciting and fun experiences and items.
This is your chance to share that special skill or hidden talent with your FAUSA family. Be creative and meet new FAUSA members at the same time!
Here are some ideas of talents we are looking for that can be offered through Zoom or held in your Metro Area!
- Cooking classes and sharing favorite recipes
- Hosting a theme party
- Sharing painting, knitting, sewing and other craft skills
- Preparing your favorite meal for a small group
- Coaching on topics from professional to personal to beauty
- Outdoor activities from gardening, hiking, to bee-keeping
- Yoga, tai chi or other group exercise
- And the list goes on….
The donor sets the date, time, number of attendees for the performance of the talent IN ADVANCE; this should occur within one year of the auction. Please note the activities may take place throughout the year so participants will have something to look forward to going forward into 2024.
We would also like to encourage our metro area and activity groups to take an active part in our silent and/or live auctions by making donations.
We also want item donations to round out our online auction catalog! Because we are going virtual again this year, we can conduct the FUNdraising auctions now! Go online to sign up for Bidpal now and you can start making monetary donations for the Getaway, buy Quilt tickets, and see new items as they are added to our auction catalog. New items are being added all the time. Check regularly, BID UP and OFTEN for the items you want! You also have the option to BUY IT NOW!! Text alerts or just watching on your computer will be convenient and fun. And of course, the Silent and Live auction items will end Saturday, Sept. 30 with the LIVE auction. If you need more information on how to sign up for Bidpal see the notes below or contact Sue at email@example.com .
FAUSA Quilt Raffle
And don’t forget your quilt tickets! Nan de Laubadere has generously donated the beautiful quilt pictured below for our Getaway in Nashville. It measures 80”x82” and includes two matching pillow shams. It will fit atop a Queen-size bed. You can purchase your tickets via Bidpal when you sign up to become a bidder. This year the tickets are: 1 for $20, 3 for $55, or 6 for $100. This is another great way to support FAUSA’s philanthropy program.
Detailed instructions for accessing the silent auction bidding site
From your phone, ipad or computer:
- Go to the Bidpal Site: You should be directed to the “FAUSA – Nashville Getaway 2023 “Denim and Diamonds” ” page.
- Click "Sign In" in the upper right-hand corner on the Silent Auction landing page.
- Sign in using one of the listed options; cellphone for US phones or email is preferable.
- If you DO already have an account (from past FAUSA or FAWCO events), simply fill in your email address and your password to go to the main screen. Click "MENU" in the top left corner and start your Auction adventures
- If you DO NOT have an account, follow the prompts to create one. NOTE: it is only necessary to enter your "contact info", with the fields marked with a "*". If you have a US phone and would like to receive texts from us, also add your cell phone number.
- It is your choice to enter a credit card number when you set up your account OR
- Add one when you need to pay, no pressure!
- At this point you will be redirected to the landing page again. Click "MENU" in the top left corner and start your Auction adventure!
- You can now make a donation to FAUSA, go to Quilt Tickets, or Items & Experience to:
- Purchase your quilt tickets
- View new items as they appear for the silent and live auction.
- Add items until Sept. 10, 2023