Get ready for our 2022 blended Land of Enchantment Getaway! The format will be much the same as last year’s blended virtual & live event, so bidding can take place online for both in-person attendees in Santa Fe and virtual attendees wherever you are!
This is your chance to share that special skill or hidden talent with your FAUSA family. Be creative and meet new FAUSA members at the same time!
Here are some ideas of talents we are looking for that can be offered through Zoom or held in your Metro Area!
- Cooking classes and sharing favorite recipes
- Hosting a theme party
- Sharing painting, knitting, sewing and other craft skills
- Preparing your favorite meal for a small group
- Coaching on topics from professional to personal to beauty
- Outdoor activities from gardening, hiking, to bee-keeping
- Yoga, tai chi or other group exercise
- And the list goes on….
The donor sets the date, time, number of attendees for the performance of the talent IN ADVANCE; this should occur within one year of the auction. Please note the activities may take place throughout the year so participants will have something to look forward to going forward into 2023.
We also want item donations to round out our online auction catalog! Because we are going virtual again this year, we can conduct the FUNdraising auctions now! Go online using this friendly URL to sign up for Bidpal now and start donating for the Getaway, buying Quilt tickets, and bidding on items. New items are being added all the time. Check regularly, BID UP and OFTEN for the items you want! You also have the option to BUY IT NOW!! Text alerts or just watching on your computer will be convenient and fun. And of course, the Silent and Live auction items will end Saturday, October 15 with the LIVE event on Zoom. You will still be able to bid on the virtual activities and add donations until midnight (CMT) on October 16! If you need more information on how to sign up for Bidpal see the notes below or contact Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org .
FAUSA Travel Tote “Fill It Up” Challenge
Once again, we would like sponsor the FAUSA Travel “Fill it Up” challenge! We are asking several metro groups, book groups or individuals to provide items from their areas to lucky bidders. If your metro group wants to “Fill It Up” as well, just let me know at email@example.com. This year, you can fill up a basket or a special bag from your area, and of course simple gift cards work as well!! We are trying to eliminate shipping costs so submit a photo of the items to be included (and the approximate value overall) or you can choose to make your tote contents a mystery!
FAUSA Quilt Raffle
And don’t forget your quilt tickets! Chris Czyszczewski’s beautiful design creativity is evident in this quilted lap blanket ‘Friendship Chain’ and will be enjoyed for years to come if you are the lucky winner! You can purchase your tickets via Bidpal when you sign up to become a bidder by signing up here using our Friendly URL . This year the tickets are: 1 for $20, 3 for $55, or 6 for $100. This is another great way to support FAUSA’s philanthropy program.
Detailed instructions for accessing the silent auction bidding site
From your phone, ipad or computer:
- Go to the Bidpal Site here:You should be directed to the “FAUSA – Land of Enchantment” page.
- Click "Sign In" in the upper right-hand corner on the Silent Auction landing page.
- Sign in using one of the listed options; cellphone for US phones or email is preferable.
- If you DO already have an account (from past FAUSA or FAWCO events), simply fill in your email address and your password to go to the main screen. Click "MENU" in the top left corner and start your Auction adventures
- If you DO NOT have an account, follow the prompts to create one. NOTE: it is only necessary to enter your "contact info", with the fields marked with a "*". If you have a US phone and would like to receive texts from us, also add your cellphone number.
- It is your choice to enter a credit card number when you set up your account OR
- Add one when you need to pay, no pressure!
- At this point you will be redirected to the landing page again. Click "MENU" in the top left corner and start your Auction adventure!
- You can now make a donation or go to Quilt Tickets, Items & Experience to:
- Purchase your quilt tickets
- View new items as they appear for the silent and live auction on October 15, 2022.